Welcome to the homepage of the Galaxies Lunch, every Friday of the
week. Room 207 (unless otherwise noted), time = 12:30.
Sign-up to give a talk by emailing the organizers: Ken Duncan
and/or Michael Maseda
Talks about new results, old results, work in progress, and conference summaries are all encouraged! Likewise, if you have a visitor, encourage them to sign up!
Subscribe to emails by sending an
Galaxy Lunch rules
- title slide + 5 slides (including one introductory slide for the "general" audience, i.e. students and people not working on the field)
- talk time: 10 - 15 minutes
- discussion time: 5 - 10 minutes (during or after the talk)
- total time per slot must not exceed 25 minutes
- including some buffer for announcements and general discussions ('I always wondered if / how / why XYZ works' et al.), total Galaxy Lunch time is ~ 30 minutes (60 if we have two speakers).
- longer discussions are encouraged to proceed e.g. over coffee in the Kaiser Lounge!